Monday, February 14, 2011

The Day Has Arrived...

Today was Valentine's Day, and I am happy to say that I was not disappointed. It had its ups (feeling like I did well on my first midterm), and it had its downs (coughing up both lungs and constantly sniffling). But basically it was a day of rebellion. And by rebellion I mean rebellion as likely defined by a 70-year-old cat lady.

  • I let Ellen's boy into the room this morning so he could leave some V-Day treats on her desk.
  • I received a cat card in the mail that actually meows. I listened to it for about a solid minute. It is probably the equivalent of a Howler for most people. 
  • I have come to terms with the fact that I love Taylor Swift. I don't give a damn whether her songs are filled with fantasy and things that will never happen and clichés and faux feminism. I love her. Get over it. This act of rebellion in particular probably just makes me a hipster because I like something it's not "cool" for hipsters to like. Hipsterism is so confusing. They need to teach a class on it. 
  • This isn't rebellious, but just plain exciting - I got one of my gifts from Paul. =) It is a bonsai/bamboo heart thing. It is unique (or so I tell myself) and cute and probably featured in Stuff White People Like
Speaking of white things, I received this someecard today:


...and now I'm going to go listen to Tay-Tay and study for my second midterm (and by that I mean trying to make my new bonsai plant happy). 

White, single, and sickly yours,
M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment