Hey everyone!
This is Lee. M and C have started a series of guest blog updates where you can hear from some of the other characters playing roles in this fiasco called freshman year.
So, basically, I have stumbled upon a new and exciting opportunity. I'm in the executive board for a club on campus and at our latest event, we hosted a diplomat to come and speak to a group of students about life abroad and working for the government. All that jazz, ya know? Part of my job was to be a friendly host to our speaker and make sure his time at our university was a pleasant one. Evidently, I did my job well because at the end of the presentation I had his number and a Saturday lunch date with a diplomat twice my 18 years. Hehe...
Now I find myself in the same place that Ellen, M and C have all thus far have been. We've gone to texting and flirtatiousness, but there are some added variables with which one must deal.
A. He's twice my age. I don't know how these creatures called adults operate. Also, we're in different stages of our lives. When we talk about our day, my complaints are about mid-terms and homework; his are about employee training and American commercial endeavors in the Far East. There is a clear connection, but I wonder if the difference is too great.
B. He's a man and a I'm a boy. Now, I am sage and crafty in the ways of girls texting boys for reasons I don't know, but whenever it's my time to take hold of the reins as amant and not Cyrano de Bergerac for a friend, I am lost. The role of lover is hard for me.
C. This is the most important. He clearly wants to bang me. He also offered me an internship and future job opportunities. This is something I'd like to take him up on, but obviously it's a conflict of interest and unfair to other applicants. Unethical.
I'm always really quick to like people. Then I burn out and want to move on. I'm a person defined by my wanderlust and I'm still learning to deal with that. I want to take this slow and explore what I feel about older fellows before I make any hard and fast decisions.
At the same time too, I am still hopelessly obsessed with Francisco Lachowski. *sigh* Oh Francisco...
Apart from my love life, M and I have come to the conclusion that there is only one possible career option for the two of us. After discovering that our movie tastes are hopelessly not alike (mine: dark, foreign, gay dramas. hers: light-hearted, indy comedies with cute people who like cute music) and our future as bffls was frighteningly on the rocks, we reconciled over our shared desire to be models. So, watch out fashion world! Our model-like good looks would also explain why boys have not been throwing themselves at us at their normal frequency. We're just too intimidatingly good looking and too unapproachably well habillé. Did you like that French word? It means "dressed" and is the kind of word models throw around without thinking.
I hope you enjoyed today's guest blog and I hope to be back soon!
Love,
The Lovely Lee
No comments:
Post a Comment