Thursday, October 28, 2010

What is happening in here?

Hello, comrades. I am currently in the library looking immensely fashionable and cute because I looked so heinous for the greater part of the day and am trying to make up for it. I even brought out the très chic pink lipstick. It brings out the color in my eyes and makes me look great, or so I tell myself. I may just look like I drank a bit too much red Kool Aid. Regardless, I have even sat myself down at a table facing all the people walking by in the hopes that my bright lips might help me lure in a decent, straight male. Ha. Let's just go ahead and say this will not be happening, especially since I am now done with my work for tomorrow and therefore have no reason to stay here after I finish this post, unless I want to watch Weeds. However, I would probably rather do that in the privacy of my dorm room because I don't want all the hypothetical men I lure in to think I'm one of those dumb girls who just goes to the library just to watch TV shows. Not like I haven't already started my Netflix account in front of the cute guy in my lecture yesterday or anything. Not like any guys have actually walked by since I got here about an hour ago.

*     *     *     *     *

The other morning C and I combined forces and took on the dining hall bright and early. Since she arrived before me, she found us a table. However, the table was not a table, but a large booth better suited for about 8 people. I commented to C about how glad I was to have room for all of my male suitors. Too bad they are all non-existent. Yes, there is Paul, but we are officially single, rather far apart in terms of physical distance, and not entirely functional, but working on it. Anyway, sad but true fact of my life: Friday night presented the first occasion on which an attractive, seemingly suitable straight male has asked for my number in college. I'm just telling myself that I'm taking baby steps. That must be why I haven't heard anything more from him. Oh well. You win some, you lose some. Perhaps I will just lure in the men with my Halloween costume this weekend...it's actually not that scandy, but I think it's definitely something to talk about.

Speaking of Halloween costumes/suits, C has so many suitors she doesn't even have a suit to wear. (I believe that quote was taken from some emo song I listened to at the age of 13.) Okay, I might be exaggerating. However, she is now officially not a single lady! I will leave the disclosure of any details up to her, though.

Also on the topic of suits, Lee, C, Ellen, and I tried to get Frank in his birthday suit last night! No, not that kind of birthday suit. We're talking about the Snuggie Varsity XXL that we purchased in honor of our good friend's 19th. Unfortunately he refused to fully put it on because of how musty and chemical it smelled. We're hoping to see him shake his little tush on the catwalk in full Snuggie garb soon, though. We'll alert you immediately when it happens.

Another piece of news that we have decided is worthy of GCBIMH is Ellen's new budding romance. She and Oliver have potential, but she isn't comfortable disclosing too much since she doesn't want to jinx it. They have plans to go on an excursion tomorrow, but depending on the price, E may foot her own bill if it seems that that would be a strategic move to help prolong what could turn into a relationship. This is a huge step considering that E usually rocks things old school and takes advantage of all the free things a girl can get out of a boy who likes her. =)

I am now bored out of my gourd and am going to sashay back to my dorm room where I will soon be watching a movie with Ellen as we drink sleepytime tea. THIRSTY THURSDAYY WOOOOO!!!!

Yeah. No.

Boredly yours,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment